Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Man, His Machine.


Volvo 240. A car for the man professor. A car for the man with a lot of shit to carry. A man who cannot afford things that go zoom, that cannot afford a car that will boost his sex appeal. The car, for a man...


....who can't drive yet.


Not that one, but there is a Volvo station wagon in my driveway, waiting to drive 500,000 miles to the ends of the Earth. Waiting to resist a 55 mph imact with a concrete wall, and drive away. Yes folks, it will someday be mine. All 114 hp. Rawr. Somebody needs to call Niels Wetzel, cause I'M in town. His '71 Porsche 914 is about to get told. Just like Harrison Ford in American Graffiti. Except I hope I don't wreck and have my girlfriend get pissed at me. Unlike Mr. Ford, though, My Volvo will drive away, and we will get our revenge in the long run...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think you'd be more pissed than I would, 'specially after all the shit you had to go through to make it serviceable.

    I'm still gonna be cartin' around in my London Bus.

    ReplyDelete