Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Human Networking.

My social life. My social life is very miniscule, at best, for reasons I've created. For starters, I'm a jerk to people who I deem ignorant. The girls that talk in their high pitched voices, wearing three pounds of makeup and constantly rebutting with the simple and uneffective "Shut up!" Some of these people, I've noticed, seem to TRY to be stupid. It baffles me. They laugh at their careless mistakes and at their general misfourtune. Sometimes it makes me wonder if these people are actually who they claim to be. Logan Lightsey, who I've immortialized in words above, could easily be a robot, seeing herself, and relating to the people that are laughing AT her. Either this, or she's adopted an amazingly low standard for self-esteem.
Things like this happen with a great many of the people I meet. I find a problem, and decide I cannot spend my time with that person based simply on that problem. I have few friends, I will say. I have about four people that I can talk to, but three of them are lucky to see me twice a month, because they go to different schools and have various things to do thatt don't involve me. I only have one person that I can consult with. I don't become mortal enemies with EVERYONE, just most of the people that I spend my time with. I KNOW lots of people, but usually never spend very much time with them, just because it would be a new thing, and I would have no particualr desire to do so anyway. For example; my baseball team. I doubt I would talk to any of them in real life situations because of all the differences we have, including not having classes together, not being in the same clique, etc.ut we have a common interest that brings us all together: baseball. We have practices, games, team outings, and at all these events, we talk to each other. We chat about school, games, girls and anything else we can find common ground in.
So basically, if you're forced into a group, it will probably not work out too well. No common interests, different levels of desire, etc. But, if you get together to do something that you'd enjoy, it'd be great, because you'd already have things in common. You have to do quite a bit less socializing to wring thoughts and ideas out of somebody. You start with what you know, and then you start to break new ground, and discover what you can get away with before the person starts secretly mocking you and thinking you're a robot.

1 comment:

  1. There's exactly no reason for you to be mad at these girls. For they are happy, in there own right. They know no better than to be happy with their messy, drug and alcohol ridden, fake lives. The only thing to do is watch them, and know that it is their own choice to watch their lives go down this generic life. Once you have realized that we enjoy our lives, you will forget to hate us for everything we are and will forgive us for being so horrible ignorant. I trust that if you looked at it as if it was what we honestly wanted you wouldn't care anymore, and wouldn't be bothered by it any longer.

    As for your lack of being able to connect to most other people, all I can say is welcome to the club of the socially awkward, and those of us who don't bother to make friends with everyone. It makes friendship much more special when it's with four people, I think.

    Have a nice life.

    ReplyDelete