Monday, May 3, 2010

Thanks.

Thanks for saying yes.
Thanks for being what you are.
Thanks for putting up with me.
Thanks for loving me.

Thanks for making love
exclusive to you,
thanks for being 
all you can be.

Thanks for accepting 
my religion,
my wants
and my ways.

Thanks for being beautiful,
your soft glow,
your warm smile,
your spectacular eyes.

Thanks for waiting,
for me to figure out,
the ins, the outs
of your mysterious self.

Thanks for understanding
that I try,
to make you happy,
to make you content.

And baby,
thank you for knowing
that there's stronger men,
smarter men,
and better men,
but that no man's heart 
is bigger, and in a better place
than mine.

I know you might have to leave me,
I know we might be losing our luster,
I know our time is limited (...?) ,
so I want to tell you I love you,
that I dream of you,
and I want to give you the best I can give,
even if it's not good enough for you.
And I will,
until I die.
For you,
for whatever reason.
I love you, dearest.
I think of you, every minute of every day,
right up until the final minute
before I go to sleep.

You may be gone now,
you may leave later,
but my love for you,
will undoubtedly
last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment