Friday, August 21, 2009

Finer Things.

Who can I trust?
Well, that's a question with no answer.
It's too bad, really.
I wish I had somebody that I could tell things to.
That responded.
A diary doesn't help me.
A diary shows how pathhetic I am.
A diary is a sorry excuse for a good friend.
I wish I had people.
Well, I do.
And those people let me down.
Time and time again.
So, maybe what I need is no one.
That way, I would have no secrets.
A novel concept.

I'm sure I'm no better than the people I describe.
So, maybe I should change.
Would they give me a chance?
Laws, no.
I can't blame them.
It only takes one slip to embody a person.
Once I mess up, I'm through.

But, I'll learn.
And I'll be that much better for the next person.
Or, if they stick around,
well,
let's just say we'll go places.
Simple trust is better than any material object.

Well,
trust is up there with the finer things:

2 comments: