Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Join Together.

It's odd to think that, in 50 years, most of the people I see today will be thousands of miles away.
That, or dead.
So, what is it?
They'll be successful,
or they'll die stupid deaths. 


It sounds like right now is the hardest time to live through.
So many drugs, man.
And it's changing everything.
It'll change mindsets, priorities. 
...if they get that far.
I could kill myself driving.
Driving on the railroad tracks.
I could light something  on fire.
The possibilities are endless.


What if I died in a car wreck tomorrow?
Or, I got hit by a bus?
What markers do I have to say I've been here, and that I've done something?
This blog.
A headstone.
It's just the same with everyone else.
Their absence won't make a difference, really.
Unless you're one of the people that got in with them.
And I can't say I have that many people who would really remember me.
I should do something.
I should write a book.
I should build something. 
Achieve something.


Ah, well.
I'm just a person.
My impact is small.
If I die, I will.
I've done most of what I've wanted to.
I've lived a pretty full life, at 15.
Maybe I'll just try to live at this point.


That seems to be out of character for a 15 year old.
Oddly enough.

2 comments:

  1. Your impact is not small. It may seem like it, but everyone affects everyone else. For example, by writing this blog, you may have opened previously blind eyes to new thoughts that would never have occurred to them. This new perspective would in turn affect every decision they make. Every thing they do affects someone else, and every thing they do affects another. The cycle is endless. It may seem insignificant, but the smallest of acts actually can change things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of death, in all it's inevitableness, is common. Everything it represents and the feelings along with it. How and when and if.

    So shall we live and survive. See ourselves in our positive light, and find ones who radiate the warmth and friendship that make even living to fifteen bearable.

    ReplyDelete